Today’s Worship Outline…
Church Family Update…
We need to start getting an idea of how much interest we have among us about taking the Mission Trip this Spring…
- The trip is March 2 through April 2.
- The cost for each member of our congregation is $500 for airfare, room, and board. It’s an all-time great bargain.
- No unaccompanied teen under the age of 14 may go. If a teen goes, age 14-18 their parents will have to designate in writing their permission for their teen to go on the trip, and the adult on the mission team who will function as their official chaperone.
- Everyone has to have their own passport to travel outside our country. Being vaccinated is highly recommended. Having a Vaccination Card may well be required by the airlines and/or Nicaragua to gain entry without being required to quarantine, by the time we take the trip.
- We will need a $50 nonrefundable deposit by December 5th so we can begin negotiating a group rate airfare.
- BUT, now we need to get a general idea of the interest level as soon as possible. Please let us know your interest on your Communication Card or contact Michael.
Newby-ginnings is a non-profit organization helping Vets to make the transition from their military service back into civil life… We are trying to help these Vets in two ways this holiday season: First, we will have a drive to collect bedding. They particularly need blankets and queen size sheets. But any size bedding will be useful. This bedding drive will go until December 12.
Secondly, their organization will have dozens of Vets who need just a little help with providing for their families around Christmas. These vets make their requests, Newby-ginnings verifies their need, and then N-G provides their phone numbers so community volunteers may help them. For example, some might request some help in getting a turkey and putting together a holiday meal for their family. Perhaps another Vet needs a little help buying presents for their children. All you have to do is call the number provided and talk to them about how you might best help. There is a sign-up sheet in the lower lobby where you may volunteer to be of Christmas Assistance for Vets.
Thanks to Kirk Davidson for the excellent Bible class on Colossians… Artie Rude begins The Judges next Sunday.
Do You Need your Leaves raked? Contact Christian! The Youth Group is offering this as a service project for our members 🙂
A huge thank you to everyone who helped our with our Trunk or Treat last Sunday. Everything was safe, went great, and the kids loved it.
Sunday, November 14th at the Stoll’s, 4pm
There will be Bible Trivia, a Super Devo, and Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Other than IGNITE Fridays, there is also a teen devo every Friday in the Youth Barn at 5pm.