Who God Is
by Michael Lewis
June 13, 2021
My life-lesson notebook:
- Often, life is hard. Expect it.
- The healthiest people find spiritual peace within a hard situation, rather than after them.
- The people with the greatest contentment place their trust in something that never changes.
God tells Moses it does NOT matter who he is; it matters who God is. Who I AM is.
It is the Nature of the Great I AM to:
1. When I AM tells His people to do something, He always helps it to happen.
“In the distant future, when you are suffering all these things, you will finally return to the Lord your God and listen to what he tells you. For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors.” -Deuteronomy 4:31
“If you love me, obey my commandments… But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. No, I will not abandon you as orphans-I will come to you.” -John 14:15, 17, 18
“Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.” -James 1:2-3
2. God doesn’t always lead us in the easy way.
“Tell the Israelites to turn back and camp near Pi-Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal- Zephon.” -Exodus 14:2
“There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death.” -Proverbs 14:2
3. God often leads us to what we have to face and cannot go around.
2 Corthians 1:8,9
4. Any way God makes is for His glory and then our eternal good.
“My great glory will be displayed through Pharaoh and his troops, his chariots, and his charioteers. When my glory is displayed through them, all Egypt will see my glory and know that I am the Lord!” -Exodus 14:17-18
“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” -John 14:6
Followers of The Way: Acts 9:2; 18:25; 19:9: 22:4; 24:14
“Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” -2 Corinthians 12:8-9