by Michael Lewis
February 14, 2021
“Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.” -John 21:25
What drives our Christ our champion:
1. Christ Jesus is the Champion of the desperate.
It is not just about teaching sinners to come to the Kingdom of Christ; but, it is also about Kingdom living best seen in how we care for those judged to be less important.
2. The desperate have less room for pride and more room for a Savior.
“You can never learn Christ is all you need until Christ is all you have.” -Corrie Ten Boom
3. Christ Jesus came for those who know they need a Savior, not those who think they are entitled to one.
“I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon.” -Luke 4:25, 26
“And there were many in Israel with leprosy in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed — only Naaman the Syrian.” -Luke 4:27
“All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him down the cliff.” -Luke 4:28, 29
4. An “Us vs. Them” mentality always takes you further away from Jesus.
5. Human rejection cannot stop divine redemption.